I was at NOVA (Soka Branch) this week PR’ing and signing my life away to work for neo-NOVA. I have to admit that although seeing some of the students again was really nice. I can’t help but think of the quote, “Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on ME!” After the whole NOVA fiasco I can’t help but wonder if I did the right decision to sign up and go back to company that screwed me over 2 months wages. I’m back to work as of this Saturday though. I managed to already shuffle my schedule to make my 2 interviews this week! :P So as you can tell I have no intentions of staying, partly because I preferably want to be in an elementary school again. I guess signing back up with the neo-NOVA was more of a strategic movie to stabilize my position in Japan and keep the apartment. Let’s hope it plays to my advantage.
I did have 3 interviews, but I decided not to pursue one of them. It was for GEOS Kids and after reading about them I decided it wasn’t for me. I have an interview for a private school and another for an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) position. I really hope I get the ALT position because I really enjoyed working at the elementary school this past month. It would be a good opportunity to continue that under another English language company.
I have to say there have been a lot of hard decisions to make this week and in weeks to come. I just hope I make the right decision(s) if things work out.
It’s been a few days since I’ve written the above. I’ve had one interview since then, which I thought went well, but are not hiring anyone until April! I should have had 1 other interview, but they keep rescheduling on me! It’s beginning to be a pain in the ass. At first it was Monday, but then the told me if Tuesday was OK for me and I said, “No, I’m working. How about Wednesday evening?”. They said that was fine until the DAY OF; they decide to change the time of the interview by email. And of course I never got the memo in time. I mean who reschedules an interview time the day of!? And on top of that they wanted me to go to Omiya, which is almost an hour away when originally I would have gone to Toda City, which is a reasonable distance. Anyways I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt and hope I can get an interview with them soon. So I guess I’m at a crossroads, but let me tell ya there is a big red light preventing me from advancing it seems. :| Catch me a break!